USER MUST READ THIS WEB PORTAL USER AGREEMENT BEFORE APPLYING FOR, ACCEPTING, OR USING A USER ACCOUNT TO ACCESS THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH (IDPH) WEB PORTAL. IF THE USER DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS WEB PORTAL USER AGREEMENT, AN ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE ISSUED IN HIS/HER NAME.
The Web Portal User agrees to:
- Make true representation regarding information to be used in his/her profile for identification and authentication purposes;
- Upon issuance of a Web Portal User account, the applicant as the user will review the associated profile to ensure that all user information included is accurate;
- Make use of the portal resources solely for legal and authorized State and Public Health business, consistent with applicable local, state and federal laws, mandates and regulations;
- Take reasonable precautions to prevent any compromise, modification, loss, disclosure, or unauthorized use of his/her user account and associated privileges;
- Protect his/her associated user password by following the required guidelines for password definition and maintenance;
- Immediately inform the Portal Registration Authority or the IDPH Security Administrator (SA) of a suspected compromise of the user account;
- Review and follow changes and updates to policies for using the Web Portal posted on this web site.
The Web Portal User agrees to adhere to Confidentiality Requirements as follows:
- The User shall secure his/her password to the Web Portal.
- The User shall not use, divulge, or otherwise compromise the integrity of his/her user account and password
- To access the Web Portal only in the course of his/her official duties as an employee of the Facility
- To maintain confidentiality of all data, documents, memoranda and any other materials accessed from the Web Portal
- In the event User needs to share materials obtained from the Web Portal with other individuals, the User will only provide such materials to authorized employees at the Facility, and the User will ensure those authorized employees agree to adhere to the requirements contained in this agreement
- That the information and materials the User may access at the Web Portal contains confidential and proprietary information of the Illinois Department of Public Health
- To not disclose orally, nor prepare any writings, reports, publications, etc., or disseminate in any other manner materials contained in or obtained from the Web Portal for release to third parties, except as specifically required by or with the written permission of the Illinois Department of Public Health
- If the User receives a request for information from the Web Portal link, the User will notify the Department of Public Health immediately. A request for information includes a subpoena, court order, Freedom of Information Act request or a request from a researcher. Any issue whether information is to be released shall be resolved by the Department
- In the event the User fails to adhere to the provisions contained within the agreement, the User shall be subject to any or all of the following: termination from access to the Web Portal, discipline, and termination from employment
- All other information required to be kept confidential in accordance with Confidentiality/Privacy Policies enforced by IDPH.
Disclaimer of Liability
Neither the Illinois Department of Public Health nor any of its employees shall be held liable for any improper or incorrect
use of the information described and/or contained in the Web Portal and assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the
information. In no event shall the IDPH web site, web portal, or its employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental,
special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement or substitute goods or services;
loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract,
strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this system, even if advised of
the possibility of such damage. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to
those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or
transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or
use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.